HEALTH TOURISM – SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
TRAVEL EXHIBITION 2023 – PROFESSIONAL CONFERENCE
DATE: FEBRUARY 24, 2023 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM
LOCATION: HUNGEXPO, A1 OF THE PAVILION. Gallery Room 106
MODERATOR OF THE EVENT: Dr. Andrea Szegedi, tourism expert
The aim of the conference is to provide a comprehensive picture of international, domestic and health tourism trends; present good practices for sustainable energy efficiency and improvements. The speakers and the participants of the podium discussions were invited to benefit the various part-takers in the tourism sector, such as the managers and staff of spas, commercial accommodation, restaurants, programme companies and travel agencies.
In addition to practitioners and representatives of the media, we are pleased to see students of educational institutions. The conference provides an opportunity for future professionals to meet in person with eminent representatives of the tourism profession, broaden their horizons and enrich their knowledge.
Participation in the conference is free of charge, but pre-registration is required.
Programme of the conference:
- 11:00-11:05 Opening speech by Klára Tihanyi, exhibition director of the Travel Exhibition
- 11:05-11:20 Csilla Mezősi, Secretary General of ESPA (European Spas Association): International good practices in the field of sustainable spa development
- 11:20-11:35 Zoltán Kántás, President of the Hungarian Bath Association: The current situation and prospects of baths in Hungary
- 11:35-11:50 Ildikó Szűts, CEO of Budapest Spa and Hévizei Zrt.: Thousands of years of bathing culture in the spirit of sustainability
- 11:50-11:55 Questions and answers
- 11:55-12:25 Pushing the gas instead of the brakes, or strengthening social communication and storytelling
Participants of the podium discussion: Veronika Lendvai-Gámán, Director of Sales and Marketing of Ensana’s Hotels in Hungary, Éva Szabó, owner and complex director of Barack Thermal Hotel & Spa, Andor Végh, CEO of Zalakarosi Spa Zrt., Vice-President of the Hungarian Spa Association
Moderator: Tamás Kassay, SpaBook, PR and Communication Consultant
- 12:25-12:40 Zoltán Koós, Head of Corporate Relations Department of MVM Zrt.: Situation and prospects of the energy market
- 12:40-12:45 Questions and answers
- 12:45-13:15 Nature-harmony-health: cooperation and sustainable development in the field of tourism services
Participants of the podium discussion: Dr Andrea Lugasi, Dean of BBS-KVIK, Adrienn Hodik, owner of Natura Hill Guesthouse and Bistro, Tímea Merényi, co-founder of the Forest Dive Program
Moderator: Sára Hegedűs, lecturer, Budapest Business School
- 13:15-13:25 Mihály Aranyossy, tourism expert: Back to nature – sustainable product development in Alsópetény
- 13:25-13:45 Ancient knowledge is the key to the future – the New Zealand “model” for rethinking sustainable tourism and redefining castles in France
Radio journalist Andrea Oláh and tourism expert Adriana Rajczi discuss sustainable tourism through the example of two countries.
- 13:45-Closing of the conference